Our Continual Precautions
While many things have changed this last year, rest assured one thing remains the same, our commitment to your health and safety while visiting our office.
Magna Dental has always followed infection control recommendations, guidelines and procedures made by the American Dental Association (ADA), U.S. Centers of Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Illinois State Dental Society (ISDS), various dental organizations and groups and our local health department. We follow these agencies very closely so that we are up to date on any new rulings, mandates, requirements, recommendations or guidance to provide outstanding safe dental care to you.
In an effort to continue to help protect the health and safety of our patients and employees at Magna Dental, we will continue our preventative measures that we have put into place since June 1, 2020 with a few changes.
- You will need to arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- You are required to wear a mask into the building as well as fill out the appropriate COVID questionnaire paperwork and have your temperature taken.
- We have hand sanitizer that is required for you to use upon entering the building.
- We have additional forms that are required due to COVID-19.
- We will continue to ask health questions prior to your appointment and the day of your appointment upon arrival.
- The waiting room is now open and since we are fortunate enough to have ample space, the seating is and has always been socially distanced.
- We continue to ask that you come to your appointment alone to reduce the amount of people entering the building.
- Our staff are dressed differently with layers of personal protective equipment. You will notice shields, hair bonnets, shoe covers, and now long gowns. We promise Dr. Keith is under the layers!
- We have added in additional to our normal routine of cleaning procedures to include but not limited to steaming of the floors, UV lighting to surfaces, HEPA filtration, etc. along with the newest dental equipment to help lower the amount of aerosols in the air.
- You will notice the staff and our operatories remain draped in layers and coverings throughout the building and the gentle hum of our commercial air purifiers scrubbing and cleaning the air within the building.
- You must contact our office if you contract COVID-19 or test positive within 14 days following your appointment.
- We reserve the right to decline, refuse, cancel or reschedule your appointment to insure your safety or the safety of our staff.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to reduce waiting time for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients entering or leaving our building or standing in the reception area of our building at any one time. Please be patient with us through this stressful transition.
- We will be contacting all prior cancelled appointments first focusing on what are the scope of services they are needing, and please be assured we will call you back if you are on the list. We want to see your smile!
- Do not come to Magna or stop in without an appointment since we must ask COVID questions in advance
- Please return our phone calls to confirm your upcoming appointment or we will not be able to see you at the time of your appointment and will need to cancel and reschedule due to the COVID screening process.
- We do provide hand-outs explaining how to minimize the risk of spreading or contracting COVID-19.
We want to say “thank you” for your business and for having faith in our office to provide smiles safely and for being patient with us while we are being compliant. We look forward to seeing you and happy to answer any questions that you might have.
Download - COVID-19 Treatment Consent
Download - COVID-19 Phone Pre-Screening